Wednesday 23 February 2011

My IVF Fertility Diet

I've always been thin, exercised and watched what I ate.  But maybe I wasn't doing it right.  So I turned to my BF, google.  I googled an IVF fertility diet.  Here I learnt that what I eating, although keeping me thin, wasn't helping me with my fertility.  Protein powder, out.  Soy, out.  Low-Fat anything, out.  Great.  So together with google I came up with a new diet plan and my DH was on-board too!  BTW, he's so super supportive and if anything this journey has brought us closer together.  When I take something on, I take it on full force and thank god he's right behind me.  This new fertility diet has nothing on me.  

Breakfast

Option 1
-          Oatmeal with 2 tablespoons Wheat Germ
-          Almond Milk
-          Almond Butter
-          2 Hardboiled Eggs (only 1 yolk)

Option 2
-          Whole wheat toast with Almond Butter
-          2 Hardboiled Eggs (only 1 yolk)

Lunch

Options 1
-          Whole wheat wrap with spinach, turkey and avocado

Option 2
-          Spinach Salad with some of the following:
o        Berries
o        Red Onion
o        Any Assorted Veggies
o        Flax Oil
o        Hard Boiled Eggs
o        Chick Peas
o        Avocado
o        Oil and Vinegar Dressing
o        Apples, Almonds, Grapes, etc.

Dinner

Main Dish Options:
-          Organic Chicken
-          Fish
-          Lentil, Fish or Bean Soup
-          Whole Wheat Pasta w/tuna & olives or tomato sauce

Side Dish
-          Sweet Potato
-          Quinoa
-          Brown Rice

Side Dish
-          Broccoli
-          Beans
-          Bok Choy
-          Asparagus
o        All with Flax Oil

Snacks:
-          Ginger or Green Tea
-          Banana cake (made with whole wheat  & wheat germ)
-          Kefir & Berries shake
-          Greens shake w/omega 3-6-9 oil
-          Almonds & Walnuts
-          Pineapple (especially the core)

***Supplements:
-          Royal Jelly (B Vitamins)
-          Chlorophyll
     Pregvit (Folic Acid)

Healthy Hints
  • Men should get 15 mg. of zinc daily
  • Men should get at least 1,000 mg of calcium daily
  • Eat foods rich in vitamin E such as olive oil and wheat germ
  • Both men and women should avoid alcohol, caffeine and smoking
Oh yes, the most important thing: Organic.  Nothing processed or nothing with hormones injected into it (God knows I have enough hormones being injected into myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment